[postgis-devel] Common lib and memory management

Bryce L Nordgren bnordgren at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 11:41:01 PDT 2011

When trying to compile raster using strategy 3 on #1133, I hit some
duplicate symbol definitions. The most important of which is:

lwgeom_init_allocators()

Now clearly, I can move this function back out of libcommon and into
postgis/; but it does expose the fact that memory management schemes are
being maintained in parallel in postgis/ and raster/.

I'd prefer to remove the version in raster/. If I understand what's going on
correctly (not guaranteed), this would mean that all lwgeom allocating and
deallocating would occur using the memory management scheme in postgis/ (now
in libcommon). Does this sound reasonable?

Bryce