[postgis-devel] Help for AddRasterColumn

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Tue Jun 7 05:34:27 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 2:17 PM, C. Patnaik <cpatnaik at sac.isro.gov.in> wrote:
> Hello Jorge,
>
> I got along some way with the PostGISSVN2.0. When I executed the
> raster2pgsql.py on a 2 MB tif image, I got an sql file,(of around2.5 MB)
> but after three pop up windows stating that OCI.dll not found and an error
> on the command line: "Cannot load file GDAL_GEOR.dll"
>
> The resulting sql file generated was run in PGAdminIII for a database
> which was created using template_postGIS2.0.
>
> Now I get an error :
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "age_rid_seq" for
> serial column "age.rid"
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "age_pkey"
> for table "age"
> ERROR:  function addrastercolumn(unknown, unknown, unknown, integer,
> text[], boolean, boolean, unknown, numeric, numeric, unknown, unknown,
> unknown) does not exist
> LINE 3: SELECT AddRasterColumn('public','age','rast',-1, ARRAY['8BUI...
>               ^
> HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might
> need to add explicit type casts.
>
> ********** Error **********
>
> ERROR: function addrastercolumn(unknown, unknown, unknown, integer,
> text[], boolean, boolean, unknown, numeric, numeric, unknown, unknown,
> unknown) does not exist
> SQL state: 42883
> Hint: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might
> need to add explicit type casts.
> Character: 71
>
> Could you please help me out.
> The functions in the Schemas/public under the database shows 252 functions
> with a dropRasterColumn existing but no AddRasterColumn.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> C. PATNAIK
> Scientist, ATD/EPSA
> Space Applications Centre (ISRO)
> Ahmedabad 380 015
>
> Phone - +91 79 26914037
> Fax: +91 79 26915846

Hello,

The AddRasterColumns error is probably caused because the PostGIS
Raster extension is not properly installed. Did you load postgis.sql,
spatial_ref_sys.sql and rtpostgis.sql during PostGIS installation?

About the error loading dll files, I'm not sure, because I'm not a
Windows user, but you may want to add the path to those dll files to
the enviroment PATH variable. Anyway, someone in the list can surely
answer this question better than me

Best regards,

--
Jorge Arévalo