[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] (no subject)

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Thu Jun 9 06:50:19 PDT 2011

Hi Muhammad,

Please put a subject when you write to the group...

> I am trying to import *.tif files into PG. These tif images are basically the MODIS
> data (three images covering the whole study area, pixel size 500m). But, when I
> try to load them I got the following error
> Error:
> Cannot load raster with different pixel size in the same raster table

Right maybe this too strict. We should just warn in this case. I will reopen the ticket:

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/153

> (However, individually the images can be loaded into three different raster
> tables)

Probably you can load them in the same table if you run a new raster2pgsql command for each.

> Secondly, does the tiling (with -k 100X100) physically merges these pixels into on
> big pixel of the size of 100X100 pixels or it is just logical merging and the pixel
> size remain 500m.

It is not a merging. It is tiling the big raster many raster tiles. The pixel size remain unchanged and will be the same for each tile.

http://edndoc.esri.com/arcsde/9.2/concepts/rasters/entities/rastertiles.htm

Pierre