[postgis-devel] Turning GSERIALIZED on

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun Jun 12 08:38:59 PDT 2011

 Mark,

FWIW I have all the windows builds I've deployed as experimental in the
archive folder of  each experimental folder dated and with the revision
number.  Part of that was so it would be easy to do regression and speed
tests
>From prior versions.

I just released another experimental for 8.4, 9.0, 9.1 beta 1  early this
Saturday.

So my plan is once Paul has GSERIALIZED in place, I'll setup parallel
installs - first doing torture diffs (it has some benchmark times now too --
though I may have broken some things with the new documentation structure)
And diff between old and new as well -- which I'll affectionately call DNA
testing since it will give me a fingerprint of each version.

And  trap any egregious time changes.

So this I will do
-- one with the last version I built and one with his new.

Presumably any speed , functionality differences should also show under
windows.

Thanks,
Regina