[postgis-devel] Raster todo list

dustymugs dustymugs at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 14:32:53 PDT 2011

> I copied the specifications I had for ST_Resample()  and ST_AsRaster() in the wiki... Comments are welcomes.
>
> I can predict that the first comment will come from robe: "Why so many variants?" :-) I love variants.

I'll wait for robe to pose that question.  I don't really have that many
comments for ST_AsRaster as I have yet to dig at the GDAL rasterization API.

As for ST_Resample, it looks like we will be able to to everything
(well, almost everything) that GDAL's gdalwarp utility will do.  In
addition to what is already written for ST_Transform, we'll be adding
the abilities to change the scale/pixel size, adjust the origin and
deskew (or reskew) the raster.

-bborie