[postgis-devel] Raster todo list

Bryce L Nordgren bnordgren at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 14:35:49 PDT 2011

Hey guys,

I wrote something which I hope will help manage the complexity of this
raster stuff.  I started by articulating a few "unifying principles" w.r.t.
operations on mixed geometry/raster types, then identified all the possible
combinations of a 2-input + return-value spatial operation. This is
completely generic to the non-aggregate versions of ST_Union,
ST_Intersection, ST_Difference and ST_SymDifference. As of yet, all
discussion seems to be about aggregate functions. Pls take a look and tell
me if this helps.

https://collab.firelab.org/software/projects/modisfire/wiki/Spatial_Set_Operations_in_PostGIS_Raster#Point-operations

Bryce