[postgis-devel] Use of "bool" in C

Bryce L Nordgren bnordgren at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 13:33:28 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 7:02 PM, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at opengeo.org> wrote:

> Swtich bools to ints, we should aim to be a pure C project... I wonder
> what C++ bits we have around. We used to have to compile the
> GEOS/PostGIS bridge code inside postgis before the GEOS c-api was
> added. At this point we should be able to compile pure-C.

Was exposing the private API in lwgeom_transform.c when I discovered a
"callback" which returns bool. I'm not sure it's safe for me to touch so I'm
leaving it alone. What does postgresql expect?

static bool
PROJ4SRSCacheIsEmpty(MemoryContext context) ;

I take back what I said about postgis being compiled with g++. My make line
shows gcc and a ton of options. I don't know what the difference between
compiling in the two directories is.

Bryce