[postgis-devel] module linking troubles

Bryce L Nordgren bnordgren at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 16:21:17 PDT 2011

Can anyone help me figure out a "linking issue"? My little patch on #1058
introduced a dependency from "./raster" to "./postgis", ergo I linked
rtpostgis-2.0.so against postgis-2.0.so in the build directory. After
install, when postgis-2.0.so is where it should be, the link is broken. Is
there a standard/accepted way to handle this?

There was a pre-existing link to liblwgeom.a in the build directory. I
assume this did not cause problems because it was statically linked. Any
help is appreciated.

Bryce