[postgis-devel] module linking troubles

Bryce L Nordgren bnordgren at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 07:58:54 PDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 1:31 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:21:17PM +0000, Bryce L Nordgren wrote:This is
> where libtool comes handy, as it abstracts the way you link to
> libraries under different systems....
> Anyway, if you go dynamic linking I guess your problem is about "make
> check" ?
> Or what is it ?

Can't even get to make check. The problem is that trying to install the
raster bits in the database (e.g., running psql -f rtpostgis-2.0.sql
MyDatabase) causes a "failed to load shared library' error (actual message
on the ticket.)

Mike suggested that instead of trying to link "raster" against "postgis", I
should just move the parts needed in raster to liblwgeom, since that's
already a static library and less prone to "issues".

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1058#comment:3

Bryce