[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #867: [raster] Implement a version of rt_raster_deserialize for the raster header only

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Fri Mar 18 09:48:39 PDT 2011

#867: [raster] Implement a version of rt_raster_deserialize for the raster header
only
 Reporter:  pracine         |       Owner:  pracine
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new
Description changed by pracine:

Old description:

> To get a much better performance on every ST_Get function on the raster
> header:
>
> RASTER_convex_hull[[BR]
> RASTER_getSRID[[BR]
> RASTER_getWidth[[BR]
> RASTER_getHeight[[BR]
> RASTER_getNumBands[[BR]
> RASTER_getXScale[[BR]
> RASTER_getYScale[[BR]
> RASTER_setScale[[BR]
> RASTER_setScaleXY[[BR]
> RASTER_getXSkew[[BR]
> RASTER_getYSkew[[BR]
> RASTER_setSkew[[BR]
> RASTER_setSkewXY[[BR]
> RASTER_getXUpperLeft[[BR]
> RASTER_getYUpperLeft[[BR]
> RASTER_setUpperLeftXY
>
> See if it is possible to do the same for a requested band so we can
> improve the performance of every other functions.

New description:

 To get a much better performance on every ST_Get function on the raster
 header:

 RASTER_convex_hull[[BR]]
 RASTER_getSRID[[BR]]
 RASTER_getWidth[[BR]]
 RASTER_getHeight[[BR]]
 RASTER_getNumBands[[BR]]
 RASTER_getXScale[[BR]]
 RASTER_getYScale[[BR]]
 RASTER_setScale[[BR]]
 RASTER_setScaleXY[[BR]]
 RASTER_getXSkew[[BR]]
 RASTER_getYSkew[[BR]]
 RASTER_setSkew[[BR]]
 RASTER_setSkewXY[[BR]]
 RASTER_getXUpperLeft[[BR]]
 RASTER_getYUpperLeft[[BR]]
 RASTER_setUpperLeftXY

 See if it is possible to do the same for a requested band so we can
 improve the performance of every other functions.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/867#comment:1>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>
The PostGIS Trac is used for bug, enhancement & task tracking, a user and developer wiki, and a view into the subversion code repository of PostGIS project.