[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #871: [raster] ST_AddBand documentation is inconsistent with function definitions and spec

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Mar 19 02:09:10 PDT 2011

#871: [raster] ST_AddBand documentation is inconsistent with function definitions
and spec
 Reporter:  robe            |       Owner:  pracine
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
 I went to install the raster_comments and get this error:

 psql:share/contrib/postgis-2.0/raster_comments.sql:92: ERROR:  function
 st_addband(raster, integer, raster, integer) does not exist

 That is the documented one.  But the one it should be I guess is:

 st_addband(raster1 raster, raster2 raster, nband1 integer, nband2
 integer);

 But note: that the ST_addband function doesn't follow your convention of
 band number always immediately following the raster when present so the
 doc follows the convention but doesn't exist.

 rast1,band1,rast2,band2

 However your spec defines this:
 7) ST_AddBand(rast1 raster, rast2 raster, band int, index int) ;

 I have no idea what index is supposed to represent.

 So anyrate you've got 3 things at odds with each other and I'm not sure
 which one is the preferred

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/871>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>