[postgis-devel] lwgeom_calculate_bbox

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Sun Mar 20 10:01:21 PDT 2011

I was looking at ST_Envelope implementation to see how much
speed juice we could extract from it and found thi code:

 LWGEOM *lwgeom = pglwgeom_deserialize(geom);
 if ( lwgeom_calculate_gbox(lwgeom, &box) == LW_FAILURE )

Did something change about cached bboxes ?
Or, why are we blindly computing that again w/out even checking
if a cache exist already ?

I kind of recall we had a get_bbox(lwgeom*) or something which would
either return the cache or compute a new one...

Can anyone shed a light on this issue ?

TIA