[postgis-devel] lwgeom_calculate_bbox

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Sun Mar 20 10:43:31 PDT 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 06:18:09PM +0100, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> If we're going to drop the BOX2D
> type, how else would we go with fetching a cached BOX ?

Crawling trough source history (thanks git!), I see that
a box3d_extent type was introduced around March 2009:

So we now have box2d, box3d and box3d_extent.
But NONE of them we define operators on :!

Seems time to make a plan, if there isn't one already, so
that 2.0 comes with a single such type, to have all boundable
types converge to for the sake of using a single set of
operators and indices.