[postgis-devel] Contributing code to PostGIS Raster

Bborie Park bkpark at ucdavis.edu
Wed Mar 23 08:05:28 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 7:40 AM, Pierre Racine
<Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca> wrote:
> Hi Bborie,
>
> I'm glad you are interested in the PostGIS raster project.
>
>>I'm wondering as to the procedure to contributing code (and hopefully
>>funnel some funding depending on how the grants go) to the PostGIS
>>Raster work.  I've already looked at PostGIS's Planning and Funding
>>page as well as the Working Specs for Future Versions page but I still
>>have some questions.  Specifically, my questions are:
>>
>>1. Is there someone I should talk to about contributing code?
>
> Me... and Jorge, but to the list in general is good also.
>
>>2. Should I be telling someone what code/FV milestones I'm working on?
>
> Yes unless you like to reinvent the wheel...
>
>>3. Who do I send patchsets to?  Is it to the bug tracker?
>
> I would suggest you fill a ticket in Trac, describe what you need and your approach, we will see how if/how it is already planned and how we can plan it.
>
> Any contribution is welcome,
>
> Pierre

Thanks for the response Pierre.  My employer and I are interested in
working on some of the FV milestones, specifically 01, 05 and 03
instead of adding anything new or un-proposed.

I'd like to get started of FV.01 unless someone is already doing it.
I did check Trac and it appears that the FV.01 functions are
unassigned.

Thanks again,
Bborie

--