[postgis-devel] patch: pgsql2shp fields conversion from predefined list

Loic Dachary loic at dachary.org
Sun Mar 27 09:28:22 PDT 2011

Hi,

Rodolphe Quiedeville advocated for a new feature in pgsql2shp ( http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/885#comment:4 )
In order to help with the discussion to figure out if such a feature would be acceptable for the next postgis release,
I implemented a tentative patch and the associated unit tests ( http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/885#comment:5 ).

You will find that it does not follow the style ( http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/browser/trunk/STYLE ) guidelines
and that it is too terse on documentation. It is meant as a basis for discussion rather than a release candidate.
I stand ready to polish it to match the expected standards if it is considered for acceptance.

I hope you will find the feature useful and I would very much appreciate if you can spare some time to
review its implementation.

Cheers

P.S. The proposed patch also contains the one found in
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/888