[postgis-devel] PostgresQL 9.1 beta released

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri May 6 04:30:38 PDT 2011

On 03/05/11 02:41, Paragon Corporation wrote:

> Just a heads up - 9.1 is nearing closer to the finish line.  Looks like they
> are expecting to release within the next 2-3 months.
>
> Would be nice if we could beat them to the finish line or at least be done
> around the same time for better chance of 9.1 people starting their
> experience with PostGIS 2.0 instead of 1.5.
>
> http://www.chesnok.com/daily/2011/05/02/9-1-beta-1-is-out-help-us-test/

I think this is highly unlikely as the switch to G_GEOMETRY is still not
complete :(

Paul - is there a general status/TODO so other people can get a feel for
what remains to be done and chip in as necessary? Currently there are
quite a few outstanding bugs related to this in Trac, and I don't think
anyone else knows enough about where we are with all this to lend a hand.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk