[postgis-devel] PostgresQL 9.1 beta released

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Fri May 6 09:58:26 PDT 2011

I would be ecstatic to have a hand...

The transition is basically complete, the only thing staying me from
switching over is knowing that after the switch there will be bugs
unforeseen that have to be fixed. Now, I've been away from the code
base for 6 weeks (since Montreal) so things might have changed, but at
that point the situation was that the next step was:

- turn GSERIALIZED_ON in gserialized.h
- check again that all the regression failures are actually ones we're
willing to accept (they are mostly about slight changes in the output
of M-valued geometries in nested WKT, and I've decided they are "good"
regressions)
- commit to using GSERIALIZED, and commit the regression changes

The big pieces of work remaining at that point would be:

- add selectivity to the 3d/4d index (&&&) bindings
- add typmod support to geometry, following the example in geography

And cleanup work would be

- actually remove the dead pieces of code that GSERIALIZED_ON turns off
- actually search/replace the types that GSERIALIZED_ON currently just
re#defines
- remove the old WKT parser and WKB parser (these are currently unused
except in some cunit tests that compare the new/old code for
consistency)
- continue to review the LWGEOM API and look for functions that
can/should be moved to the internal.h header and out of the public API

P.