[postgis-devel] Change in PSC

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue May 10 11:34:37 PDT 2011

It is with great sadness that we report the stepping down of Kevin Neufeld
as a PSC member.  Unfortunately Kevin has new obligations occupying most of
his time
that he felt it would be best for all  if he stepped down.

He was a great asset to our group.  A good chunk of the documentation,the
PostGIS user support and colorful examples,  the automatic building of the
tars and PDFs, our buildbot setup, the general template of the functions in
the docbook which made it trivial to generate postgresql help, the automatic
generation of images for the documentation from WKT, and many maintenance
functions such as populate_geometry, we owe to him.  We will miss him
greatly and hope to see him come back again in the future.

With that said, we have been discussing who best to fill the void he left
behind.  We decided we need two new members because the PostGIS community is
growing and the code base is growing along with it.

Our two nominations are:

Sandro Santilli (aka strk) -- strk has been a long time member of both
PostGIS and GEOS development team and has been working tirelessly to make
the PostGIS 2.0 release a success on all avenues.  He's been working on
topology, GEOS integration, general PostGIS bug fixing and even a little
work on raster.
He's a top notch C/C++ programmer.

Chris Hodgson -- is a long time developer at Refractions and the PostGIS
project.  He has graciously stepped in to take on the chores that Kevin
managed such as making sure postgis.org is in good shape and fixing buildbot
issues.  In addition to that he has started getting his hands dirty again
with bug fixes.  If that were not enough he has been working tirelessly  to
finish all the loose items needed to graduate PostGIS from an incubation
project of OSGeo to a full fledged OSGeo project.  We think he will serve as
a great asset  to our PSC.

We ask Sandro and Chris now if they accept our offer to join the PSC?
Furthermore if anyone has any other thoughts or objections in the matter,
please speak now.

PostGISly yours,
The PostGIS PSC Team:

Mark Cave-Ayland