[postgis-devel] Commit gudelines agreement (was: Speaking ofopenness and formality ...)

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Fri May 13 03:30:06 PDT 2011

I have one question about the commit guidlines agreement.

As Regina commented in #940 earlier today:
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/940#comment:19

there is a lot of code that astyle has not been used on.

The problem with astyle is that the output changes in different versions
as we have discussed some time earlier.

In my Ubuntu Maverick the version in the respositories is 1.24.

So, using astyle from repositories will mess up our code.

I ask this sometimes before but I don't think I had an answer.
Wouldn't it be possible to run astyle on the svn-server instead?

We run a lot of different jobs building documentation, building postgis
for regresstest and so on.

Why is it a problem to run astyle somewhere in the chain too?

I think that would be great and then we could remove that line from the
committing guideline.

Aside from that I agree with everything in the guidelines and will of
course try to follow it.

Thanks
Nicklas