[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #901: [raster] ST_AsGDALRaster and the helper functions ST_getGDALDrivers and ST_srtext

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon May 16 21:43:07 PDT 2011

#901: [raster] ST_AsGDALRaster and the helper functions ST_getGDALDrivers and
ST_srtext
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  dustymugs       |       Owner:  dustymugs
      Type:  task            |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  postgis raster  |     Version:  trunk
Resolution:                  |    Keywords:  history
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------

Comment(by dustymugs):

 I'm going to have to find a resolution for the snprintf issue ASAP as I
 use that function quite a bit.

 ST_AsGDALRaster is a generic interface to creating an GDAL raster.  Thus,
 it does no format-specific checking unlike ST_AsTIFF, ST_AsJPEG and
 ST_AsPNG.  So, if you pass a multiband raster to ST_AsGDALRaster, the
 function will try to add all the bands to the GDAL raster.

 Therefore, most users should use ST_AsTIFF, ST_AsJPEG and ST_AsPNG.  Those
 users who don't need hand-holding (basically have read the appropriate
 GDAL format page) should be able to do everything that GDAL raster output
 supports.

 Also, my development environment is on PostgreSQL 9.0.4.  PostGIS output
 is...

 "POSTGIS="2.0.0SVN" GEOS="3.2.2-CAPI-1.6.2" PROJ="Rel. 4.7.1, 23 September
 2009" LIBXML="2.7.6" USE_STATS"

 All have been built using GCC 4.4.4 running on Slackware 13.1.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/901#comment:15>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>