[postgis-devel] Out of DB regression tests for ST_AsGDALRaster

Bborie Park dustymugs at gmail.com
Sun May 22 09:36:10 PDT 2011

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Bborie Park <dustymugs at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 7:54 PM, Paragon Corporation <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:
>> I'm not sure what others think of this.  I would be okay with testing with
>> python.  In fact I think raster already has some out of db python tests.
>>

> There are some C tests for the api and wkb output but everything else
> looks to be in-db tests.
>
>> Ideally though:  It should follow the same tests we do for the rest of the
>> system and for that we use Cunit to do out of db tests.  If that's too much
>> of a hassle for your tests, then I would personally be okay with you using
>> python scripts since that's a requirement to use the raster2pgsql.py anyway
>> so you actually already have to use python to test your raster2pgsql loader
>> anyway.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> Wait for rest of PSC folks to make their comments. (HINT HINT PSC)
>>

> I completely forgot about using CUnit.  I'll take a look as I'd rather
> use C instead of python.  I'm trying to avoid python as that is yet
> another dependency and the hope that eventually someone will write a
> C-based replacement for raster2pgsql.py.

I took a quick read of the wiki page for CUnit.  If anything, the
files testapi.c and testwkb.c found in raster/test/core may want to be
rewritten to make use of CUnit.  Though I could use CUnit to test
functionality through postgresql, I'll take baby steps and see about
writing a shell script or expanding the capabilities of
regress/run_test.

-bborie