[postgis-devel] Speaking of raster in PostgreSQL

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Sun May 22 10:04:01 PDT 2011

I did. The main takeaway for me is that OpenCL is still being baked,
but there is some potential there in the future. The project is
storing images, and in some respects is very similar to pgraster (text
based raster in/out format) but is really just a PoC right now, though
a very interesting one. Worth looking at for ambitious programmers who
want some neat ideas.

P.