[postgis-devel] map is not displayed using ms4w and postgis

sanjib chatterjee sanjibchatterjeegis at gmail.com
Tue May 24 04:48:53 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I am using geomoose2 framework + ms4w + postgresql 9.0 and postgis 1.5.

While my mapscript use DATA  from shape file and / or from mysql table ,map
is generated and displayed well.
but when it fetch from postgresql it fails to generate map. I am not getting
any error message.

Please help to find my problem.I am new in this area. I gave bellow my
mapscript for shape,mysql and postgis.

read from shape:-
------------------------------
----------------------------------
MAP
    NAME "Internal_plots"
    STATUS ON
    TRANSPARENT ON
    INCLUDE "../../../geomoose_globals.map"
    LEGEND
        STATUS ON
        LABEL
        TYPE TRUETYPE
        FONT vera_sans
        SIZE 8
        COLOR 0 0 0
        END
    END
       LAYER
            NAME Internal_plots
          STATUS ON
            TYPE POLYGON
            LABELITEM 'DAG_NO'
          TRANSPARENCY 100
            LABELCACHE ON
            CLASSITEM 'DAG_NO'
          DATA './Internal_plots'
          CLASS
            NAME 'dag_no'
            STYLE
                SYMBOL 'plainline'
                SIZE 1
                COLOR 255 255 255
                OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
            END
            LABEL
                TYPE TRUETYPE
                FONT vera_sans
                SIZE 10
                ANTIALIAS TRUE
                COLOR -1 -1 -1
                OUTLINECOLOR -1 -1 -1
                BUFFER 4
                MINFEATURESIZE auto
                PARTIALS FALSE
                POSITION cc
            END
          END
          METADATA
              'identify_record'
'../../Common/Template/village/identify_village.html'
            'peak_record'
'../../Common/Template/village/village_peak.html'
              'select_record'
'../../Common/Template/village/select_village.html'
            'select_header'
'../../Common/Template/village/select_header_village.html'
            'popups'
'../../Common/Template/village/village_popup.html'
            'itemquery'
'../../Common/Template/village/village_itemquery.html'
        #    'itemquery-filteritem' 'OWNER_NAME'
            'itemquery-filter'    '/.*[qstring].*/i'
            'qstring_validation_pattern' '.'

            # Feature reports are stored in the conf/feature_report
directory.
            'feature_report'     'village.shp.xml'
          END
          TOLERANCE 0
        END
END ## end Map

### report:  work well

Read from mysql , only DATA section,rest all are same
 CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
 CONNECTION "MySQL:bmaapp,user=root,password=root,port=3306"
  DATA "SELECT * from internal_plots  ;"

### report:  work well

Read from postGIS only DATA section,rest all are same
  CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
   CONNECTION 'host=localhost port=5432 dbname=postgis user=postgres
password=root at 2011'
   DATA 'the_geom from Internal_plots'

### report:  map is not displayed

please note that from pgadmin III sql query  if we give  select the_geom
from public."Internal_plots"  then  gives the geomtry column as output but
only    select the_geom from Internal_plots OR   the_geom from
Internal_plots    does not give output rather second one is syntax error and
first one is giving message that Internal_plots relation does not exist.

With Thanks and best regards
Sanjib Chatterjee