[postgis-devel] In-place upgrade to 2.0

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue May 24 12:04:11 PDT 2011

Yes you are correct -- it will bulk.  You have to drop the views currently
if you change any column used in a view.  The ability for a view to
automagically rebuild themselves has been on the plate for as far back as I
can remember and I don't think its funded yet and it drives Leo crazy :).

However for 9.1 users, 9.1 supports ALTER TYPE  so you could just change the
TYPE underneath the hood so even if uses use views, it should work to just
ALTER the TYPE.  But of course you probably already new that :)

Thanks,
Regina