[postgis-devel] In-place upgrade to 2.0

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue May 24 17:55:26 PDT 2011

Thought about it more.  I don't think its worth it if you need to do a CAST.
Such an alter column would require a table rewrite anyway so for a database
that is mostly tables with geometry columns
I think it would still be faster to do a database restore. A database
restore is the least of our problems anyway so I think time is better spent
getting the rest of the missing pieces of PostGIS 2.0 in place.

Thanks,
Regina