[postgis-devel] does PostGIS CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS? Should it?

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Thu Nov 17 01:12:37 PST 2011

Hallo and happy Post GIS day

Quite often I run into the problem that I can't cancel a query. This
time I was trying to union to many polygons and I just want to kill it.

If I understand this thread right:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2009-05/msg00009.php

we should have CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS in the code to handle canceled
queries.

Do we have that?
In my case with ST_Union, with GEOS involved I have two questions:
1) can PostGIS kill a geos task
2) when running a huge st_union for instace, is the control handled back
to PostGIS during the execution or is it just a huge collection or is it
just a big geometry collection handled over to geos to do the union on?

/Nicklas