[postgis-devel] ST_MapAlgebraExpr(): Raster aggregates?

Tom van Tilburg tom.van.tilburg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 03:24:42 PST 2011

Hi list,

At the moment I'm looking at the option of turning vector maps with
discrete (non overlapping)  data into rasters with the help of the
WKTraster functionality.
At the moment I do as follows:
1. Collect (aggregate) al geoms from the same class
2. Make the into a raster with St_AsRaster()
3. Repeat for all classes
4. Merge all resulting rasters into 1 with ST_MapAlgebraExp()

This step 4 I have to repeat (nest) a lot of times (for every class I
have in my vector data). It would be great to have St_MapAlgebraExp() as
an  aggregate function instead of just 2 rasters. This would greatly
simplify the process of turning land use data from vectors/topology into
raster. Is there any such thing available or in the make?

Regards,
  Tom