[postgis-devel] About BOXES

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Nov 25 13:49:18 PST 2011

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 01:37:24PM -0800, Paul Ramsey wrote:

> I prefer this one, and with optional spacing (as in the SQL/MM parser)
> so that we could have
>
> BOX (4 6,57 40);SRID=4326
> BOX Z (4 6 0,57 40 0);SRID=4326
> BOX M (4 6 0,57 40 0);SRID=4326
> BOX ZM (4 6 0 0,57 40 0 0);SRID=4326
>
> Now, you sure about putting the SRID at the back, unlike the geometry WKT?

No, I'm not sure. It was an uninformed attempt to be nice
with the existing code parsing the output from ST_Extent.

I see QGis is using a regular expression which should be work
with any of the proposed representations (as long as we force
2d output):

What about mapserver ?  And Geoserver ?
And.... uhm... GeoDjango ?