[postgis-devel] Caching Double-based Boxes

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Nov 29 06:28:41 PST 2011

On 29 November 2011 14:03, Mark Cave-Ayland
<mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk> wrote:
> I must admit I am surprised by the amount of slowdown that you experienced
> during your test run as there are a couple of reasons why things should, in theory,
> be the same or faster:

(observer's perspective)

The results surprise me too. and I'm glad I'm not alone with such impression.
The tests and result feel red herringish, but I haven't chance to run
them myself.
Currently, I'm Windows-only, so it's difficult to have proper testing
setup for PostGIS.
(I shall get back to MSVC build of PostGIS.)

double<->float conversions are expensive, perhaps that's the reason.

Best regards,