[postgis-devel] Would it be hard to write a Foreign Data Wrapper from shp2pgsql code?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Nov 30 00:53:21 PST 2011

Nicklas,

I beat you to that thought and already ticketed a while ago.

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/974

We might be some of the ways there since wie have libgdal dependency in
PostGIS 2.0 with raster.  We are only using the raster part, but the ogr
stuff I think is in the library too.

Bborie,Jorge, Paul (his fgdb thing) might have better sense of how much work
is involved since they've been hooking in the bindings between PostGIS and
GDAL.

Thanks,
Regina