[postgis-devel] liblwgeom.so

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Sep 8 02:09:25 PDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 6:55 AM, Paragon Corporation <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:
> That's strange.  My builds of those don't show any extra dependencies
> or am I special because I'm on windows.  Still seems static to me.
>
> I just have a libpq dependency for pgsql2shp and for the gui all the gtk
> dependencies.
>
> For shp2pgsql just libiconv-2

You may have missed the most recent commit introducing dynamic linking
for loader/dumper. It saves some space and opens up for more utilities using
them (I'm thinking of wkt2wkb and wkb2wkt, for example) without copying the
core library over and over.

We could get back to statically linked utilities, but why would we ?

> I am though very frustrated about not being able to build for 8.4 anymore
> and also what seems to be a sudden slowness since all these changes.

That issue seems related to libpgcommon to me.

--strk;

Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer
http://strk.keybit.net/services.html