[postgis-devel] remote code sprint attendance

Bryce L Nordgren bnordgren at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 10:04:39 PDT 2011

Do you know if there's any provision to participate in the code sprint "in
spirit"? Travel budgets were the first thing to go. I'd be interested in
trying to help get postgis out the door if there's a way to do that without
plane tickets, hotels, and per diem.

I've noted some frustration on the list over libpgcommon. I'm unsure how I
can help with this because I don't have a windows development platform.
However, I'd just like to observe that the 2.0 release is bundling two
postgresql modules which were formerly independent. If you also bundle
infrastructure to factor out the common bits of code now (libpgcommon), the
actual refactoring can take place at your leisure. Conversely, I fear that
if it's not included at the same time as the second module, it won't occur
until postgis 3.0 (~2020).

Bryce