[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1181: topology.TopologySummary isbroken

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Fri Sep 9 13:29:39 PDT 2011

> left_face and right_face are used by the validator.
> next_left/right_edges are not even checked (and not that used either).

You sure.  You have constraints on the table that prevent you from not
inserting into those fields and requires
the edges be in the edge table.

BTW I am inserting into the edge view -- not directly into the edge_data
table.

After the snapping, I did get down to about 25 erros.  Most of them face
within face errors.

I took a look at one, and what happened is I got the hole of the face rather
than the face
and these were all at the end of my clip region.
Didn't check the others.  So feel I'm still missing something with the
sequencing of the edges
and my hack to get around the requirement of the edges of putting in the
negative of current edge did not quite work.

I haven't looked at the others.
But from 468 erros to 25 errors is promising.

> The "edge crosses edge" error seems serious, I guess it may
> be due to rounding issues. Try snapping the geoms on insertion.

Yah these all seemed to go away after I snapgrid to tolerance of my
topology. (1 foot).

Thanks,
Regina