[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1186: CreateTopoGeom I think is over-called in some cases and creates orphan relations

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Sep 10 09:04:58 PDT 2011

#1186: CreateTopoGeom I think is over-called in some cases and creates orphan
relations
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  robe      |       Owner:  strk
     Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
Changes (by robe):

  * priority:  medium => low
  * milestone:  PostGIS 2.0.0 => PostGIS Future

Comment:

 disregard my cancelled query comment.  I realized those ophans happened
 because I did a select without an insert.

 However the DISTINCT ON case and the select without insert does
 demonstrate that the relations table and summary stats can easily get out
 of synch with reality. Perhaps the only sane thing to do is to provide a
 cleanup relation function that interogates the tables to verify the
 topogeom still exists.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1186#comment:1>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>