[postgis-devel] liblwgeom.h.in

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Sep 27 03:00:00 PDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 12:21:31PM -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Is there any reason this has to be a .in? Having liblwgeom.h generated
> is a bit of a PITA, can't we just include postgis_config.h?

Including postgis_config.h would require installing that file as well,
and that's mostly system-dependent defines, useful more for building than
for using as a library. If every library installed its own config.h there
would be a huge duplication of HAVE_VASPRINTF, HAVE_INTTYPES_H and the like
headers with the consequent CPP warnings or errors about overridden symbols.

Generating it serves the purpose of having the version controlled from a
single location (configure.ac). What's a PITA about generating it ?