[postgis-devel] Regenerating WKT parser breaks testcase

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Sep 28 03:08:45 PDT 2011

In moving LWDEBUG* macros in their own file (#1220) I've had the
need to re-generate the wkt parser in liblwgeom. When doing so
a regression test failed expecting an error to be reported on
line 12 while was instead being reported in line 13.

I resolved by avoiding the re-generation and manually editing
the generated file (which we are storing in the repository anyway)
but thought it would be important to notify the list about this.

Note that my bison/lex version are more recent than the ones
used to generate what's currently in the repository.
It takes a 'make maintainer-clean' to force re-generation of
those files, for anyone who wants to see what happens with their
versions.

Mine are:
 - bison (GNU Bison) 2.4.1
 - flex 2.5.35