[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1944: Extensions Migration path from 2.1.0 to 2.1.0

Bborie Park dustymugs at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 08:11:44 PDT 2012

I'm not posting this on the ticket as I don't want to hijack the
ticket.  Yesterday, I tried migrating a 2.0 database to 2.1 and after
some tweaking, it actually worked.  I used
postgis_upgrade_20_minor.sql and rtpostgis_upgrade_20_minor.sql.

The only change I made to postgis_upgrade_20_minor.sql was in the
function postgis_major_version_check() where I hardcoded the value of
"old_scripts" as postgis_lib_version() failed as postgis-2.0.so didn't
exist anymore (had upgraded the underlying library to 2.1 already).

For rtpostgis_upgrade_20_minor.sql, I had to add back two new types
(agg_samealignment and addbandarg).

-bborie