[postgis-devel] Regular raster blocking (was: Real extent feature lost after metadata as views)

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Thu Dec 6 10:43:44 PST 2012

> This constraint ensures that all tile are of the same size and hence, do not
> overlap and do not leave gaps in the coverage.

> I think there is no need any more to ensure that "All tiles must be non-
> overlapping" or "There must be no gap" since both are ensured by the
> conjunction of the three conditions. Any counter example?

Well this is false.. It is not because tiles are of the same size that they cover all the extent without leaving gaps or overlaps.

So we might want to replace the second condition (which becomes useless) by:

2) There should be no overlaps or gaps in the global coverage.

I would actually make it third.

Pierre