[postgis-devel] Another idea to speedup raster value editing

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Feb 1 08:51:05 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 07:27:46AM -0800, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Kinda... but then you've got a multipoint to deal with and that's
> easier because...?

Well, it'd be easier because a multipoint you can dump in single points
and edit single points directly and then rejoin back and use as input.

Wait, reminds me of the same thing you can do with raster, but doing it
with raster is soooo slow (probably shouldn't be).

> How about just getting/taking an array?

The other advantage of the points is that you'd be dealing with geographical
locations, not array offsets..

--strk;