[postgis-devel] Another idea to speedup raster value editing

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Feb 1 09:20:56 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 12:01:11PM -0500, Pierre Racine wrote:
> For sure being able to 'print' (or 'burn') a set of point of multipoint in a raster is interesting.

Yeah, but the step forward here is that the _value_ to burn-in would be
embedded in the point-or-multipoint itself. Rather than burning a constant
into the raster where the vector hits, you'd burn a value that the vector
holds. For points it'd be straightforward, for lines might still do something
smart like linearly interpolating, for polygons I can't imagine anything smart.

--strk;