[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1536: [raster] There should be an option for certain variants of ST_Intersection(raster, raster)

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Feb 6 12:11:31 PST 2012

#1536: [raster] There should be an option for certain variants of
ST_Intersection(raster, raster)
 Reporter:  pracine  |       Owner:  pracine
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new

Comment(by dustymugs):

 If I'm intersecting two rasters using ST_Intersection, I'm expecting that
 the returning raster would have the pixels of one or both bands in the
 intersecting area.

 In your example with a circle raster and another raster with the function
 returning the band of the other raster, I'd expect the band returned to be
 constrained spatially to just the intersecting area and the pixels outside
 the circle to have a NODATA value.

 In the situation where the other raster doesn't have a NODATA, it would be
 nice to have a NODATA parameter.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1536#comment:10>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>