[postgis-devel] joining Vizzuality

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Feb 9 06:51:22 PST 2012

Fellow hackers,

I'm happy to announce that from now on I'll be working
under contract with Vizzuality [1], an open-source company
heavily based on PostGIS and thus smartly investing in
its development.

They'll have me 100% on PostGIS: 80% on CartoDB [2] related
improvements (CartoDB is also open source) and 20% on
general maintainance.

[1] http://www.vizzuality.com
[2] https://github.com/Vizzuality/cartodb

This is a full-time position so this means I won't be available
for other projects for (hopefully) a long time. Don't take me
wrong: I loved to work on all the projects that kept me busy
during 2011, but a stable income is pretty welcome and I'm
confident that working on CartoDB will also be exciting.

So, let's take PostGIS-2.0 out !