[postgis-devel] Win32 Adventures

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 03:11:49 PST 2012

On 25/02/12 21:36, Paul Ramsey wrote:

(cut)

> I ended up assembling everything in a big /c/pgsql directory, and then
> having to hand-craft config scripts for geos-config, xml2-config and
> gdal-config, since the MSVC builds don't create those, but the PostGIS
> build requires them.
>
> Net result, I have a PostGIS that builds and regresses the postgis
> component with the exception of *one* test (ticket #11, which I am
> pretty sure traces back to the -ffloat-store flag that is usually
> applied to one component of GEOS, but I betcha is not applied in the
> MSVC CMake build). You'll have seen a few commits I had to do to get
> run_test working and a fix to the loader. I still have a small custom
> hack in my regress/Makefile.in because 'pwd -W' doesn't work on my
> mingw the way folks seem to thing it should.
>
> I feel like my big bundle of binaries could be useful for getting
> folks up and running with working development environments, and might
> create a set of instructions based around downloading an SDK package.
>
> Anyhow, wanted to share the good news...

Excellent news! BTW I'd like to strongly suggest again that we abandon
mingw in favour of mingw-w64 - the developers are much more responsive,
they are using newer versions of GCC (hint: bugfixes) and using the same
compiler suite for both 32 and 64 bit builds should help eliminate any
differences in the regression tests.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS