[postgis-devel] circular dependency in doc/ ?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Feb 28 02:39:52 PST 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 11:16:29AM +0100, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 11:05:40AM +0100, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> > It is not clear to me why many targets under doc/ uses postgis.xml
> > as input when the postgis.xml file also goes through keyword
> > substitution becoming postgis-out.xml.
> >
> > Shouldn't postgis-out.xml be the input for further targets like
> > comments and the like ?
>
> Moreover: what's special about postgis-agg.xml, which is often
> referenced in addition to postgis.xml ?

I think I figured. r9327 reworks the dependency tracking while
also adding lookup of mathml2.dtd on the filesystem.

Now whoever has a slow doc generation please send the output
of your "locate mathml2.dtd" and we'll add it to the list of
scan directories of ./configure.ac

The final report of ./configure will tell you now which one
you're using. It'll be http://something for online (slow) and
/something/else for filesystem (fast). Example: