[postgis-devel] Vote on Merging postgis and raster installs and when

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Jan 2 01:26:48 PST 2012

To add more to the discussion, here's a brief overview of what we have.

 1) dynamic libraries containing C-level stored procedures
    a) postgis - the core
    b) raster (depends on 1.a? depends on 2.a?)

 2) SQL files enabling functions in the dynamic libraries
    a) postgis (depends on 1.a)
    b) raster (depends on 1.b, maybe also on 2.a)

 3) SQL files containing pure scripting level functions
    a) topology (depends on 2.a)

Currently the default install only installs the core library and enabler
script (1.a and 2.a). It is possible to also install raster (1.b and
2.b) passing --with-raster to the ./configure script and to also install
topology (3.a) passing --with-topology to the ./configure script.

--strk;