[postgis-devel] Compatibility between postgis 2 & mapserver

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 15:00:17 PST 2012

Hi,

I'm study-ing the MapServer just now.
I have no experience with it.

But using postgis 2.0 with MapServer 6.0.1

I'm having this error:

>Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'province'.
>msPostGISLayerWhichShapes(): Query error. Error (ERROR: function
geomfromtext(unknown, integer) does not exist LINE 1:

Substancially mapserver 6.0.1 try to call a function
"geomfromtext()" on postgis.

I don't understand why it call a geomfromtext().

But before ask to the ML of MapServer I need to know if
the remove of geomfromtext() is wanted or not in postgis 2.0

thx,

--
Andrea Peri