[postgis-devel] Extension Versions

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Jan 9 15:09:06 PST 2012

While we are on the topic of extensions,  there is one thing I did not do
that I was meaning to do and shoudl be done before release.

That is to mark the spatial_ref_sys, and the various topology tables as
editable.

Now that raster and geometry tables are views -- thank goodness, 3 less
things to make editable.

I think that has to be done in one of the .sql files, but I forget the exact
syntax.
Somehwere on this page as I recall:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/extend-extensions.html

It is short and sweet but will be different for topology and postgis.

When you mark a table as editable, the data is backed up when a user backs
up their data, but the structure of the table comes from the extension
definition so is not stored with the database backup.

Thanks,
Regina