[postgis-devel] Extensions

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Tue Jan 10 13:57:52 PST 2012

Regina,
I've added the extensions into the autoconf system, but there are some
subtleties and concerns.
First the subtleties...

You'll note that
  EXTVERSION    = @POSTGIS_LIB_VERSION@
is the very obvious way the current version is brought into the scripts.

If you look further down, you'll see a target named
  sql_minor_upgrade
and some fancy bash scripting. That creates all the micro version
targets up to the current micro version, and also includes smarts so
that if the current version is 2.0.0alpha3, it generates micro version
upgrades from 2.0.0alpha1, and 2.0.0alpha2.

Now, looking at that target I got concerned that the only input file
was postgis_raster_upgrade_minor.sql so I changed it to what I thought
made sense, postgis_upgrade_minor.sql. However I'm sure that's wrong
in a different way.

I also note that when I run 'make all', I'm not seeing what I expect
as a minimum in the ./sql file, namely a postgis--2.0.0.sql file, just
a bare postgis.sql file. So it seems there's other brings broke?
Anyhow, the micro version generator and the version substitution work.
To get in synch with your extension testing, we can set the
Version.config in trunk to 2.0.0alpha1 for now, and then release it
shortly once you think the extensions work. Yes?

p.