[postgis-devel] Documentation and comments in tarball

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Fri Jan 13 06:44:34 PST 2012

Greg,
> On
>  loader/Latin1 ... failed ( wkb test: running shp2pgsql
> output: /tmp/pgis_reg_17179/loader.err)
>
> I get:
>
>  psql:/tmp/pgis_reg_9886/loader.out:7: ERROR:  value too long
> for type character varying(32)
>
> and sure enough the insert statement seems to have more than
> 32 characters.
>
> Is this known, or should I file a ticket?
>
> (I can easily test with 8.3, 8.4, 9.0, and 9.1, but as 8.4 is
> the current pkgsrc default I am trying that first.)

Interesting.  FWIW I get that too but since I was the only one complaining I
thought was an isolated
MingW issue.  The fix I have is to remark out the nls_build line in
loader/Makefile.in

#nls_build = @USE_NLS@

Curious if that works for you.  No one has fixed the issue because well
"It's only you Regina that is affected :)"

Thanks,
Regina