[postgis-devel] Error: Your database has no working PostGIS support

Don Moore donsspam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 11:59:38 PST 2012

SOLVED:

Full thread of solution here :
http://forum.qgis.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9949&sid=be4b6a3b6c33c66b27b48933b52817eb

The trick was to use the "Grant Wizard" in pgAdmin to grant execute
privileges to all the functions in my "gisdata2" database to any user in the
"public" schema.

This is the SQL that it generated and ran for me:

GRANT EXECUTE ON FUNCTION _st_asgml(integer, geometry, integer) TO public;
GRANT EXECUTE ON FUNCTION _st_askml(integer, geometry, integer) TO public;
GRANT EXECUTE ON FUNCTION _st_contains(geometry, geometry) TO public;
GRANT EXECUTE ON FUNCTION _st_coveredby(geometry, geometry) TO public;
...... about 700 lines of this including some tables and sequences